1. Employee Leave—for your own serious health condition that prevents you from performing the essential functions of your job.
2. Childcare Leave—for the birth of your child, to care for your newborn child, or for the placement and care of your adopted or foster care child.
3. Family Leave—for care of your spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition.
4. Military Caregiver Leave—to care for a covered Service Member (i.e., spouse, child, parent, or next of kin) recovering from a serious illness or injury sustained in the line of active duty. Leave may be granted for up to a total of 26 weeks of unpaid FMLA within a 12 month period.
5. Qualifying Exigency Leave—allows time off to manage the Military Affairs of a covered Service Member while the member is on active duty or called to active duty status.
Report your absence to your Supervisor and request for FMLA immediately if your absence is unplanned or as soon as you know of your upcoming absence. Safeway employees must also contact ESC at 1-888-255-2269 (option 6) to initiate a leave of absence. Fred Meyer members should see your HR Director. If for any reason, you are unable to return to work on your scheduled return date, you must contact your Supervisor/Store immediately.