This resolution includes:
* More flexibility for schedules to accommodate childcare.
* Up to two weeks of pay for workers diagnosed with COVID-19 or workers required to self-quarantine, before needing to access sick leave and other contractual paid leave.
* Agreed to jointly work with State and Federal Government to treat Grocery Store Workers as first responders and set up a childcare fund for Grocery Store Workers.
* Expanded use of paid sick leave to cover childcare needs.
* Agreed to further discussions of ways to meet workers' childcare needs.
* Ensure workers do not lose eligibility for medical coverage or lose vacation accrual while out on sick leave.
* Temporarily allow the employer to bring in extra outside help to make sure we are able to serve our communities during this crisis - provided bargaining unit employees are offered hours first including overtime.
* As always, any work done in the meat cutter classification will only be performed by individuals qualified and licensed (where necessary) to perform such work.
If you have questions, please contact your Union Rep or Shop Steward.